JOB OFFER: Program specialist for the International migration initiative (IMI) at the Open Society Foundations – London
The Open Society Foundations seeks a Program Specialist to provide support to the International Migration Initiative (IMI), and specifically to its Fair Work program area. IMI seeks a dynamic and committed program specialist to support the design, planning and implementation of IMI’s Fair Work program area. The position requires knowledge of labor migration issues as well as passion to improve the situation of migrant workers as part of a broader movement for economic, gender and racial justice.
IMI’s Fair Work program area’s strategy aims to improve government policies and business practices to ensure a fair deal for migrant workers; to build migrant workers’ voice, power, and influence through organizing activities and coalition-building, and to challenge the culture of impunity by expanding migrants’ access to legal remedies.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Supporting programmatic efforts by conducting a wide range of activities related to the grant making process as well as analytical work in support of strategy development and the design and evaluation of program work.
- Keeping abreast of key issues and developments in the labor migration field.
- Assessing partner organizations, including evaluating aspects of their financial health.
- Administrative responsibilities.
- Developing concept notes, agendas, and other materials for convenings.
- Participate in preparing and presenting portfolio reviews.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in a situation relevant to the duties of this role is typically required to develop the skills required for this role.
- Knowledgeable on issues relating to labor migration, workers’ rights and worker organizing.
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English.
- Highly skilled in researching, processing large amounts of information, and analyzing its importance in informing OSF programs and strategies.
- Ability to recognize and work effectively in compliance with internal policies and external constraints.
- Organized; strong project management ability; self-directed on work initiatives; strong attention to detail.
Interested candidates should attach to their application a cover letter and a curriculum vitae. All call for applications at the Open Society Foundations are open to women and men of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. The IMI Department is committed to providing reasonable accommodations so that people with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.
For more information, please visit the offer’s page (link above).